Floating on Paraadise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 28, 2015
Ship: Independence of the Seas

This was my very first cruise and I could not have chosen a better ship, Independence of the Sea's on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.  Fantastic Trip!  Excellent service!  Excellent food!  The room service when cleaning our room, was amazing!  The person who took care of our room was quick and always concerned about us having everything we need.  Our waiters at dinner, well let's just say, I wish I could have taken them both, Leo and Ricky, home with me.  True gentleman and knows what great service is all about.  I have no reservations about going on another cruise.  It would be pretty hard to convince me to try another cruise line because I was treated so perfect!

Not just great! It was amazing!

You have no reason to be board on this cruise ship. Plenty of activities and fun to be had.

Love the comedy show and also the ice skating production. I was so amazed at what those kids did on such a small rink.

Though I did not travel with children (but I will bring them in the future) there was plenty of fun and games for children. The water park was fantastic and the unlimited ice-cream out near the pools was a big hit for kids and also the big kids.

Excellent service! Leo and Ricky, our waiters for our evening meal, I could not have asked for better. Their magic tricks and musical entertainment was fabulous.

Clean, organized and well maintained!

Cabin was perfect. Though this was my first cruise, I could not imagine sailing and not having a window or balcony to look out of. The sea was beautiful and amazing to listen to.

If there are 2 ships in Labadee, go to lunch early and watch your step around the eating/serving areas. People are crowded to get in line, and it is easy to trip and step off the edge and hit the concrete flower beds. Needs to be a little safer here and reduce liability for RC.

Did not see much of the area, as our flight left shortly after we arrived back at port.
Amazing to pull up to the port and see other ships there as well. Island was big enough so that was not a problem.
Beautiful island and port. Fun to see the different culture on both sides of the island.
Excellent! Though we needed more time in San Juan.
To crowded for 2 ships. Shop owners are two aggressive. If I return to that island, I will avoid the shops to avoid the aggressive sales pitch.