Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Floating on Paraadise

Sail Date: February 28, 2015

This was my very first cruise and I could not have chosen a better ship, Independence of the Sea's on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.  Fantastic Trip!  Excellent service!  Excellent food!  The room service when cleaning our room, was amazing!  The person who took care of our room was quick and always concerned about us having everything we need.  Our waiters at dinner, well let's just say, I wish I could have taken them both, Leo and Ricky, home with me.  True gentleman and knows what great service is all about.  I have no reservations about going on another cruise.  It would be pretty hard to convince me to try another cruise line because I was treated so perfect!

Clean, organized and well maintained!
Not just great! It was amazing!
Excellent service! Leo and Ricky, our waiters for our evening meal, I could not have asked for better. Their magic tricks and musical entertainment was fabulous.
Love the comedy show and also the ice skating production. I was so amazed at what those kids did on such a small rink.
Though I did not travel with children (but I will bring them in the future) there was plenty of fun and games for children. The water park was fantastic and the unlimited ice-cream out near the pools was a big hit for kids and also the big kids.
You have no reason to be board on this cruise ship. Plenty of activities and fun to be had.
A little disappointed in Labadee as there was another ship there at the same time and after walking the length of both beaches close by, there were no chairs/seating available on the beach. To many people at one time to be on an island, especially when the lines at the restrooms at 25 plus people long. I did not enjoy being grabbed by the vendors trying to pull me into their shops, practically demanding I buy from them. After two encounters, I left the area. The wind was blowing on Labadee, so our excursion was cancelled so with a crowded island, is just added to the frustration. Wasn't terrible, but could have been better planned. We definitely needed more time in San Juan. That is the biggest island, but the time spent there was only 6 hours or so. To short when there is plenty to do and see on that island. St. Maartens and St. Kitts were beautiful.
Cabin was perfect. Though this was my first cruise, I could not imagine sailing and not having a window or balcony to look out of. The sea was beautiful and amazing to listen to.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Did not see much of the area, as our flight left shortly after we arrived back at port.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Amazing to pull up to the port and see other ships there as well. Island was big enough so that was not a problem.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Beautiful island and port. Fun to see the different culture on both sides of the island.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Excellent! Though we needed more time in San Juan.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
To crowded for 2 ships. Shop owners are two aggressive. If I return to that island, I will avoid the shops to avoid the aggressive sales pitch.

If there are 2 ships in Labadee, go to lunch early and watch your step around the eating/serving areas. People are crowded to get in line, and it is easy to trip and step off the edge and hit the concrete flower beds. Needs to be a little safer here and reduce liability for RC.