Highlite of Winter 2014

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 12, 2014

Took this cruise with 17 members of my immediate family. We all agree it was so much fun. The boarding process was fast & easy & we got on the ship to eat & gather before going to our rooms. The rooms were always clean & straightned up every morning & evening. The room steward was very friendly & eager to help.

The dining experience was exceptional. Our waiters went out of their way to please each & every one of us. With our large group they were kept busy & always smiling did whatever was asked. Glasses were kept full immediately. Waiter even helped me get lobster out of shell as I didn't know how. I'm 74 years old & was treated with much respect by all the staff.

The evening shows were very professional & great fun to watch. We all especially enjoyed the ice skating show. The lounge shows were intertaining too. Food choices were excellent, intertainment first rate. Ports of call were fun. Especially liked Laberdee. We spent all day on the beach. Food service was so good there too.

I can't think of any changes I would like to see except maybe keeping a food area open later in the evening on board. We have been on 4 previous Carnival cruises & we all decided from now on we will go on Royal Caribbean. Thank you for the happy memories.

My young grandchildren loved the childrens area.

typical large city
lot of walking unless you take a cab
take excersion or tour. Easy to get lost there
Go to Columbus beach, less crowded. Tho venders could be a nusence