Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

The ship was a dump.  The food was disgusting.  The crew were sad looking and had limited interactions with the guests.  The operators of the tenders that they hired to transport guests from ship to Cocoa Cay did not know how dock in rough waters.  Guests were terrified and stranded on the tenders for almost 2 hours in freezing winds.  Kids were crying.  Senior citizens were terrified.  Some crew members looked down from the ship and laughed at the situation - really poor taste.  Our toilette was clogged with **** in it for days and it took 4 days for them to resolve the situation.  Every time I called Guest Services, I was told to call back in 10 minutes.  When I verbally refused to call they told me they would call me back in 10 minutes and they never did.  Crew were busy trying to sell specialty restaurants and alcohol to guests or other items to generate more revenue instead of taking care of the guests.  We ate in the main dining room only 2 times because (1) the food in the dining room is the same in the Windjammer but you are not restricted to seating time and (2) the food in the dining room was disgusting so why bother to get dressed up and eat ****?  It is really tacky and in poor taste for the crew to set up tables outside of the Windjammer displaying foods from the specialty restaurants when guests were going into the Windjammer to have their breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Royal Caribbean is no longer a luxury cruise line, which is really sad because I shared many happy memories and times with my Grandmother on the Royal Caribbean ships when she was still alive and I wanted to share the same with my 6 year old.  Even my 6 year old said to me, "Momma, this ship is not kid friendly and the people who work here are mean."  He refused to eat the disgusting food and ate a hamburger for all the meals for 8 straight days.  It was a HUGE mistake for me to book our cruise on the Royal Caribbean -- a waste of money and time -- a mistake that I will NEVER repeat nor will I allow my friends, family members and acquaintances to make and experience 8 days of hell.  It is difficult to enjoy a vacation when the food is absolutely disgusting and the staff and crew who service you are unfriendly and look haggard and sad because they are over worked!!  I have lost all respect for Royal Caribbean.  This cruise line should be known as a "low budget dump ship" to get you to different points and NOT as a luxury cruise line.  We were caught in the rain on Cocoa Cay and there is only 1 small tent for about 1000+ people to huddle under.  No crew person offered any help.  My son was freezing while sitting on the tender for almost 2 hours because we were soaked from the rain and the operator of the 1st tender did NOT know how to dock.  No crew member offered any explanations or reassurance.  No one brought food for blanket on board for us!!!  Really disgusting cruise line!!!

DISGUSTING, FILTHY! TOILETTE WAS CLOGGED ABOUT 50% OF THE CRUISE TIME.
Operators don't know how to dock. Crew on the ship did not help guests. Captain was no where to be seen!!
Our toilette was clogged for 4 days. No help came even though I reported it every day. Eventually, the toilette flushed on its own after awhile and then on the 5th day maintenance came. I lived in a shit smelling room with my husband and 6 year old son for 4 days!!!
They had the same activities over and over. They said they have over 250 activities per day. They lied!!! I counted the activities and they were no where that number. The staff in charge of the kids area lied to me. I told them that I did not want to drop my 6 year old son off just so he can watch TV. We were completely against him watching TV. They said "no TV." We walked passed the room and saw our son watching cartoon "Gnomeo and Juliette." When I came in to ask why is my son watching TV they said, "we're not watching TV" and my son said, "yes, we are watching a movie." They lied to my face and in front of my kid!!!
Nothing exciting occurred. Shows were average.
There is no way staff can properly service guests when the food is so disgusting. Why bother to have the staff go through the motion of servicing when the product is disgusting????
Disgusting food! Not suitable for consumption! 4 people at our table ordered the sea bass one night and NO one ate their sea bass after the first bite.
Baltimore, Maryland
Ships should not sail out of Baltimore or at least notify guests that the 2 days of sailing south and 2 days of sailing back would be COLD, COLD, COLD during February. This is not a point that a guest would like think of before booking this cruise.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Port Canaveral should not be a stop point. There is NOTHING to do here.
There is nothing fun about this place except Atlantis and Atlantis should be experienced by staying there for a week and not visit via a cruise ship stop. We were in Atlantis in December for 15 days and loved it. We thought we'd look forward to return to the Bahamas via the Grandeur but really, it was a waste of time.
Key West, Florida
Very nice stop. Lots to do for the day that we docked there.

NEVER GO ON THIS SHIP!!!