Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My Grandeur Trip

Sail Date: February 03, 2016

This is a cruise with 5 days at sea.  I like sea days because it gives you a chance to relax and focus on things on the ship without rushing about to see the destinations.  We did have some rough seas, but our captain was able to avoid a major storm and they gave us updates when necessary.

Activities were limited.  I think too many seminars to sell you things.  I liked the trivia games and the entertainment.  Was hoping for more group dance classes.  Games and classes on this cruise focused more on an older crowd.

Shows were excellent.  I can't say enough good things about their entertainment.  They also showed movies on board.  The movies were also on the pool deck screen but when it's too cold to be outside nobody watches them.

Gym is small, that's because it isn't a big ship.  But with an older crowd there was frequently room.  Fitness staff were very good, although activities were limited.  Rock climbing wall was a nice addition, except it was mostly closed when windy or too cold.

Crew and staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.  A++ to them.  I saw constant work and cleaning on board the ship.  Hard working crew.

Food was very good.  Lots of choices.  Three specialty restaurants and they were all excellent.  Food in the dining room as well as dining in the windjammer were very good, IMHO.

It would be nice if there was a pen and paper in the room. Maybe some lotion. Or it would be nice for it to be provided if the passenger asks for it.
There was an issue with the toilet. It didn't always flush. It eventually did. Not so much a problem.
The room was always clean and it was adequately spacious. Quite satisfied with it.
Baltimore, Maryland
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Be prepared with smaller amounts of US cash. Be careful when they ask for your name. Some store owners start carving your name on the goods to force you to buy it. Labadee is beautiful, if you don't go shopping. Snorkeling was good.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Lots to explore. Joined food tour and I highly recommend eating local cuisine
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Be prepared to pay for taxis. Price is per person, not per ride
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

It's less rocky in midship. Captain and crew are excellent. Crew were very friendly and caring.