Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Not worth the money paid

Sail Date: January 24, 2016

Room Type: Suite

We booked the Western Caribbean Cruise out of Baltimore, MD on the Grandeur of the Seas for January 24th, 2016. My reservation was for a junior suite for 2 people booked using the Delta Skymiles cruise website. When we arrived at the dock to sail a day later than the scheduled day of departure, I was informed that not only would our cruise be shortened by one day, but also that we would not be visiting any of the Western Caribbean ports planned for the original trip. Needless to say, we were more than just a little disappointed, having already visited all of the Eastern ports a year ago.

We went on the trip anyway, and luckily the staff aboard the ship were fantastic, which lessened the sting of the extreme itinerary changes. After returning from the cruise, however, I have realized that I do not feel like we got the value for our money that I expected. We were not really compensated for the changes other than what would be legally required (1 day soda package, port fees and taxes, etc.). The cost of my junior suite was more than $4,000, and I think that the cruise line should have done more to ensure that we were still getting a vacation of the same value as originally planned. Thinking back on the repetitious port shopping from this year and last, the situation reminds me of paying for a diamond but getting a cubic zirconia. I understand that weather played a large role in the issues with the cruise itinerary, but weather trouble should not be an excuse for providing your customers with a lesser product than what they paid for.