Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

IT MAY BE OLD BUT WHAT A GREAT RIDE

Sail Date: January 24, 2016

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: 8500,8502,7516

For my son's 27th birthday, 6 of us sailed we thought to the Western Caribbean. The snowstorm routed us East. We initially were totally disappointed, some of it may have been due to being snowed in Baltimore in a hotel for 3 days. From checkin(so fast) to check out(ridiculously fast) we were catered to to the hilt. Inna, our concierge was the kindest, most generous person you could meet. Yudi , our room keeper was the most perfect "friend" we could have. His smiling face greeted us every time daily. He and Inna sent up a special birthday celebration room for my son and she set dinner reservations as well. When I needed an electric plug, Yudi got an extention cord and taped it down for me and Inna one of her personal plug ins. Wow! We had 3 rooms and they all were more than adequate and kept pristine by Yudi. Each server at the ship reataurants and the dining room were so friendly and love their jobs I believe. They shared family information and spoke with us whenever we saw them anywhere on the ship. The movies and games were great. The food thank goodness was varied and the soups were delicious. I can't wait to go on another in July on the same ship, same room so we can have Yudi and hopefully Inna as well. Some of our servers that we like(Giovanis)will be out on leave but I know a fill in will be just as good. The tall Schooner Bar man recommended his famous drink(Kiss on the Lips) This mango concoction was my go to drink from then on. He made it best.....All in all nothing should change for us. The excursions were great as well....

FABULOUS! All three were worth the money. Having a balcony is a must.

Giovannis and Chophouse go out of their way to make it a special dining experience. The food and drink are far above any regular restaurant. Ate there almost half of our time. The Windjammer is a quick way to get 6 people fed. The dining room was a nice experience but slow for that many people.

1 Comment