Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Second Mate

Just a wonderful little ship!

Sail Date: September 17, 2015

I was concerned the first time I went on the Grandeur when I saw how small she was.. but it is probably my favorite ship now! Just did the New England/Canada cruise and it was just wonderful! Can't say enough about the cabin steward Ismael, or our waiter Wilson. They were more than top notch!  All the workers on the ship were SOOOO friendly and nice.  The entertainment was first class, too! Never been a real fan of the shows.. but I never missed one on this ship and they were great, especially the comedians!  The MDR food choices were great as was the prep. Not overly enthused with the Windjammer but it really was ok. The ship is very clean, and there is always something going on,especially in the centrum. Love the idea of that.  The only complaint I have, and it is a big one, was the bed in our balcony cabin. The mattress was so bad that is sagged in the middle, BIG TIME.. and was so hard and uneven. Our cabin steward did his best to correct it, but there was just no fixing it. The don't use the egg crate foam anymore because they cannot sanitize it ( eww)...I ended up on the couch. Yep.. that's right.. a dream vacation and I sleep on a couch.. It was flat and even so it was much better than the bed. My poor hubby had to deal with the mattress. Ismael made up the couch for me every single night and then had to take it apart. He never complained except that he wish he could help me MORE.... They really need to take a look at their bedding. One couple on the ship said their towels were threadbare.. ours were ok.. This was our second time on this ship and will be returning in April.. PLEASE FIX THE BEDDING!!!

WinkHappy

Cabin was fine.. the bed was HORRIBLE.. beyond horrible.. sagged so bad that our cabin steward could do nothing but make the feet higher.. that was terrible! he tried all he could.. the couch is very comfy for one person, tho .. My poor husband drew the short straw.. I took the couch .
Easy easy easy!! very smooth and fast both ways. Baltimore, MD is the best for cruises :)
no complaints here
Really enjoyed this cruise. I think it is more suited to middle age and older people.. not enough for kids to do. Works for me! :)

Jewelry making was wonderful :) wish they had more like that....always something to do, tho
Comedians were first class :) Magician was ok..overall fantastic shows!
Ismael, cabin steward.....Wilson, waiter..... service was TOP NOTCH from everyone I encountered.

Do the MDR for lunch! loved the chopped salad made fresh! very enjoyable!