Fantastic Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 15, 2015
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

My hubby and I sailed out of Baltimore for the 2nd time.  I have never had an easier time Embarking or Disembarking for any Cruise.  When you pull into the port, there are plenty of workers directing you where to go.  You pull up to the Porter's, they take you luggage, you pull forward and make your payment, then park and walk into the Terminal.

This was our 1st time on the Grandeur of the Seas and I absolutely LOVE this ship.  We love cruising and normally take longer cruises, so I was a little unsure of the 7 day cruise, but we had a very nice mix of ages of cruisers on board.

The staff on this ship is the best of any we have encountered.  The food in the MDR was very good.  Our Waiter Dexter and Assistant Nizar were very attentive, and went above and beyond for everyone at our table #216, which was a total of 10.  Bartender was around every night faithfully, since 6 of us almost always had wine with our dinner.

Windjammer, was as always a free-for-all.  Always busy, and the food was always a huge variety.  Hubby and I ate at the Park Cafe in the Solarium and had breakfast 2 times in the MDR.  Much less crowded and better food.  Happy

Bartenders at the various bars were always plentiful and there were minimal wait times.  We had the drink package, and never had a problem getting anything we needed.

Ship is showing her age of course, but the staff is always working on her.  The pools and whirlpools are cleaned normally overnight, so normally never a problem finding one to use.

This is the first time my husband and I have ever stayed in a Junior Suite and we loved it. We are never in the cabin enough for it to matter where we stay, so I am not so sure it was worth the double price. We stayed AFT to be able to watch the wake and our Balcony was HUGE with 2 loungers, 2 chairs and 2 tables. RCCL definitely needs to replace the shower curtains with DOORS on all the ships. I hate fighting with the shower curtain and now take clips to take care of that problem. Bigger clearance under the beds on the older ships would also be nice.