Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

had a good time

Sail Date: June 15, 2007

Could have been cleaner. Easy to find where you wanted to go. All the events started on time. Small outdoor pool...only one. Even though against rules, Staff allowed pool side chairs to be saved in multiples. So you need to get to pool area by 730 am, or they are all saved. Ice Tea, lemonade and water were free, so no need in an expensive soda pass unless you drink ALOT of it. (56.00 per person) Bathrooms very clean.

Pros: Staff very friendly

Cons: 2nd seating for dinner, 8:30pm

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Even if you request early seating for dinner, (6pm), doesn't mean you will get it. We got the 8:30 seating, and by time you are out of there, it is 10pm, full, tired, and do not feel like going to late shows. Windjammer..buffett type meals I felt were not all that appealing. Breakfast was very good in dining room, lunch menu was the same every day. Our waiter, and his asst. were wonderful!
I didn't feel the first 2 days there were many activities worth while. They were all on the last 2 days, of a 9 day cruise. Not many outdoor evening activities. Carnival use to have evening outside italian night, mexican night, etc, with a band that played outside during and after. I like that...widh Granduer had this. They only had mari gras night,
Decor was average compared to other ships I have been on. Easy layout. I feel ship needed a good overhaul in cleaning, except bathrooms.
For a cruise ship stateroom, I felt it was a good size. lol, except bathroom. I took tons of clothes, but found room to place them all. Attendant was wonderful!
All the staff I felt were very good at what they did, and for the hours they put in.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. Go to BAREFOOT BEACH. It is the one to your 2nd left when you get off the ship. Alot more swimming area. Snorkeling was the BEST! Roayal carribean staff there to serve your drinks, so that goes on your sail card. Other island staff there to help for a "tip". You can rent snorkel stuff on the beach with sail card. Ships serves lunch at 1130-1. Wish we stayed there for 2 days! Be the first off the ship to get good seat on beach. They have a place to shop down where you eat....BEWARE! they are like swarming bees, and won't leave you alone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Miss: this is a definite get off the ship and do! sands is wonderful, water is excellent, service is wonderful.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We took the old city and disterilly tour....this was all a disappointment. As Bus drove past things, you really couldn't see do to trees, or bus moving too quickly. You stop for an hour at the ld fort...didn't need an hour. And the rum only see 2 pictures can be taken inside. And in souvenior shop..only one person working, long lines, you fear missing either your tour shuttle, or the bus to leave.
Don't Miss: I heard there was a bar not far from where boat docked that was a must to do...alot of fun they said.
Samana, Dominican Republic
Everyone stay on the boat here. Nothing to do. About 1/2 mile up from pier is like a market where people sell their stuff. You can try and get them to lower prices. But other than this....boring!
Don't Miss: lol, don't miss SHIP activities for this port! Stay aboard.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did the seablaster. ALOT OF FUN. Captain of boat was very nice and fun. Can't give out info...but he passes out snorkel equipment before boat will have to find out why when you do this tour. He let kids drive boat on way back. Snorkling was nice.