Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

zero is my rating .....nightmare

Sail Date: August 19, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

I sailed on the August 19-29 Grand Princess from San Francisco.  This was for our 25th wedding anniversary.  This was suppose to be a relaxing time and it turned out to be stressful and painful.  I am requesting additional compensation for my experiences on the ship which are inexcusable.

1.  Fell in the Sabatini dining room, because there was no sign that said "watch your step" or hand rail..  My fall caused hardship on me for the rest of the cruise because I experience back pain, neck pain and bruising.

2.  Remodeling done in cabin next door during the cruise.  This caused extremely loud noise throughout the day and carpet glue smell  made me sick to my stomach.

3.  Door fell off between D301 and D303 and no warning of maintenance on balcony trying to fix door while I was in my nightgown.

4.  Spending time in the Wheeler House for a drink and had to experience the painters outside painting and had to smell harsh paint fumes, which once again made me sick.

When I called the purser's office to complain I was told thank you for brining this to our attention.  No sorry or let me see if we can do something for your experiences.  After I pushed the issues, they then offered dinner in one of the specialty dinning areas.  Really???  I told them that was not good enough for the pain that I was experiencing. They then asked if I  wanted to see the doctor on board.  I said besides getting painkiller and a mask and earplugs for the construction, there wasn't a thing I could do but rest and heal.  I asked to speak with the General Manager of the ship and I was refused and transferred to the manger of customer relations where she offered me $100 on board credit and I refused once again.  I  again asked to speak to the General Manager and was transferred to the Customer Relations Director who said there was nothing she could do for me.  That is when I started crying and said the rest of my trip had been ruined because of the fall and that this treatment was unacceptable.  She offered me $150 on board credit and told me that was their final offer.  They told me that they learned from my experiences and that they made sure they checked on my stories to make sure I was telling the truth and found out I DONT LIE...

Why do I as a customer have to experience ship maintenance during my sailing, I DID NOT PAY FOR THAT... In addition, I walked by the restaurant and there was a BIG sign where I fell "watch your step". So they would not have another customer fall like I did.