Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A worthwhile trip of scenic visions

Sail Date: August 09, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

See answers below. Although considerable rain and fog, the weather cooperated when it mattered at the Mendenhall Glacier, Glacier Bay, and while on the White Pass railway. For once, I felt most of the excursions worth the time and money.

Clean but tired out. See above comment on the mattresses. My traveling companions had same experience in their cabin.
Ship is tired. I called it the Not-So Grand Princess. It's due for refurbishing. I hope they check the broken down mattresses. I had to have a bed board inserted beneath mine.
The Mendenhall glacier visit outside of Juneau was impressive even though the ice is retreating. The White Pass & Yukon Route railway excursion at Skagway into the interior mountains offered considerable beauty at dramatic heights. The Butchart Gardens outside Victoria, B.C., rivals any gardens I have seen for diversity, beauty and cultivation. Cruising Glacier Bay offers a majestic vision of ice and water.
Younger troupe. They sang and danced well especially Crystal Washington. She is destined for higher venues than cruise ships.
Teddy, my room steward was the best I have ever had. He was so efficient and attentive.
Varied. Best dining in the specialty restaurant. Well worth the cover charge.

1 Comment