Grand Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Our Grand Princess cruise to Mexico in May, 2016

Sail Date: May 01, 2016

Our vacation on the Grand Princess was very enjoyable, except for the boarding  in San Francisco.  We had an hours drive up the peninsula to the Grand Princess Pier.  There was a very long climb up a long ramp to board the ship.  A long wait for an elevator. We finally got to our room.  Our steward grabbed our life jackets and headed us out our door. People were asking me if I was an  " A."  I had no idea what they were talking about.  The process was very confusing, but we finally got to the correct place to muster.  I had needed a restroom for the last hour.  My husband and I are in our 90's and 80's and were both tired and needed to sit down for a few minutes.  I was very upset and my husband was even more upset.  We have been on several cruises and never had been rushed so much.  We boarded the ship just after 1pm.

The entertainment was great in the Princess Theatre and the other venues, although the theatre was so cold and needed a warmer jacket.   The dinning rooms were also too cold to wear summer clothes.

Our steward, Norman, was exceptional.  One waiter, Victor, at the Di Vinci dinning room was the fastest, most accurate and nicest waiter I have ever been served by. All the people we met that are employed by Princess were very nice.

I did have a problem at the Art Auction understanding the auctioneer.  Her accent was impossible and she talked way too fast.  I never could figure out what was going on and what the paintings had sold for. I've been to other shi;p auctions.

I bought a photo and we don't have wrinkles.  Great photographer!

We had a wonderful time.

Sincerely,

Bill and Charlotte Siebert

The cabin was smaller than the one we had on the NCL. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the view from the balcony wonderful.
There was enough places to store everything.

I did sneeze a lot while in the room. I think it must have been a rug spray.
Disembarkation was much easier.

Take a warn jacket or sweater for the dinning rooms and Princess Theater.

Rent a car after research.

1 Comment