Love this boat!

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 28, 2016
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

This is my second trip on the Freedom and I absolutely love this boat. There is never a shortage of things to do and the people who work on it are absolutely amazing. Royal Caribbean really doesn't compromise when it comes to service.

The ports of call were pretty much all amazing. It rained a little bit in Grand Cayman but it didn't stop us from getting on a Catamaran and going to stick ring city. Roatan, Honduras was absolutely beautiful (we did the snuba) and Costa Maya was amazing. I personally do not like Cozumel. There's a lot of shopping but we decided to take a cab to Paradise Beach and it was really nothing special. This is my third time to Cozumel, and if I get on another cruise with this port I probably won't get off.

Port Canaveral is a great port, everything was fast and organized.

I would say the only thing Freedom needs is a little upgrade. Their karaoke looks like its from the 90's and one of the comedians the brought on board was so bad. The majority of their shows are great (Majority Rules, The Quest, Once Upon a Time, Love and Marriage). But some of them are terrible (Sail Away Show, Marquee, 70's dance party...which I thought was super corny).

The Quest is a MUST DO if you like audience participation games. It's absolutely hilarious.

All in all, I would DEFINITELY go on Freedom again!

Love this stateroom. Not as expensive as an Ocean View and is a great Alternative.
Fast check in and check out. No issues.
Pay for an excusrion here. It's worth it...the water is crystal clear. Try to go to Sting Ray City
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Go out to a beach, get some coffee.. The locals are friendly and the beaches are beautiful. We went to West Bay Beach and did Snuba.
Beautiful beach! Take a cab and go out! The port has a BIG pool so make sure to bring your bathing suit.
I hate this port. It's a lot of port shopping. We took a can to Paradise Beach which was nothing special.