I booked this cruise last minute as our original vacation plans with the kids changed. We have only booked with Disney in the past for numerous cruises but we thought we would give it a try as Disney dates would not match with our late need and kids school beginning, Here are the highlights:
1. I thought they nickel and dime you. Example if you want anything other than lemonade, punch, or tap water to drink even with your meals you need to by a soda package which is by person by day. Disney doesn't charge you for coffee or soda and they are free 24/7.
2. the dinner service was not that great now mind you this may have just been our server because nightly we would be at our table first and other tables would walk in 20 minutes later and their server had them eating deserts before we even had our main course... that was 1:30 minutes in. VERY bad serve. poor assistant server did a great job keeping us with drinks and bread but her server he disappeared for long periods of time. Service was so bad we ended up buying up to a premium restaurant fro 2 nights and eating in buffet the rest of the time,,,,,,
3.The gym was very crowded but a good size but what upset me was on day one at sea i paid for spin class no big deal but they had like 20 spin bikes taking up a ton of room in the gym and you could not use them unless it was during a paid class (they only offered the class the first and last day). I would have gladly paid for a class each day but i am training for an upcoming Ironman and wanted to use bikes but the kicked me off them everyday. They said "not Safe" to use the bikes that were bolted to the ground i spin and work out all over the world never heard you can't use a spin bike unless for a paid class because it is unsafe. I watched person after person get kicked off the bikes it was kind of embarrassing.
4. the port of Roatan man is a hot mess of people badgering you every foot step you take... if you can take a tour here to avoid walking around town i would highly recommend it.
5. Rio Secreto in Cozumel was a great tour i highly recommend it was one of the positives of the trip.
6. Ship wreck Snuba in Grand Cayman was a great tour again recommend it and was a positive.
7. Casino staff very friendly but casino hours i thought were very short... craps table didn't open until 7 pm nightly even on sea days.
all in all i would say it was an ok cruise we found it to be relaxing and kids had fun but we will probably look to book Disney in the future again just to have all in pricing with much nicer ships and better overall service levels.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Food at windjammer was as good or better than dinning room. Mexican and Italian premium dining well worth the extra $20 a person and look for servers walking around ship offering 20% off those places they are easy to get at the $20 pp rate.