50th Anniversary Cruise

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 05, 2016
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

Been able to cruise with our family for a special occasion.  The head waiter, cabin steward, assistant server and server was excellent, we sat at table 313.  We have been on this cruise ship twice before and felt this time that the overall service on this ship was lacking this cruise.  It seemed that they had less personnel to take care of the large crowd that was on board.  Up on the windjammer it was very hard to find seats for 6 together and the variety of food was lacking unless you liked Asian. The taco station was very crowded and very small.  I had an issue with my IBS and the doctor on staff did not seem familiar with this, she just wanted to confirm to to my quarters not understanding my IBS issue.  I was supposed to be reimbursed for the day I was in my cabin but as of this date have not seen anything.  Previous cruises we have rated this ship with 5 stars but we could not do it this time.  Quality seemed to be lacking.

Server and assistant server and head waiter was excellent, see comment above.

Cabin Steward was excellent.

Need to explain the dress policy for dinner especially to first time cruise people. We spoke to some people that did not bring any dress up clothes, just short and tops, so they had to eat at windjammer at the time and missed the dining experience.