Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrible food

Sail Date: June 05, 2016

This will be my last Royal Caribbean cruise. I feel like I wasted my money.

This was my 4th cruise and by far the worst. Other people in our group have been on  as many as 12 cruises. I am extremely disappointed in Royal Caribbean.

The ship is nice. It is easy to get around. There is a lack of outdoor lounge/social areas that was disappointing.

The food on this cruise was disgusting. We had a group of 16 and we unanimously agreed that the food was garbage. Others on cruise also commented how bad the food was. It was bad everywhere. The pizza was unbelievably bad. Like 7-11 frozen bad. The dining room food was terrible too. We paid $100 to eat in the fancy restaurant called Chops Grill. Our filet mignon and lobster were awful. The lobster was the consistency of mashed potatoes and the steak could almost bend the knife it was so tough. It is almost impossible to serve food so consistently bad and we have never experienced this on other cruise lines. Even the ice cream and other desserts were bad. Dining room service was terrible. Our waiter hit my wife and I both on the head with plates. Getting a drink took 15 minutes. They had one guy and only one guy who was able to bring drinks other than water. WTF?

Royal Caribbean has gone downhill and they are more focused on cutting costs to appease stock holders than providing a quality vacation to their customers.

Service on the ship was also bad. They gave us incorrect information about getting towels for shore excursions so nobody on the ship was able to get a towel to go on shore. Unbelievable that they could screw up such a simple thing. The next day when said they had towels when getting off the ship to go on shore, they ran out! Again. Unbelievable! People were about to riot. This sort of thing is unacceptable and should never happen.

The broke my daughters seapass card when they punched hole in it to put on a lanyard. When they replaced the card, they did not transfer the information from the other card and therefore her waivers for activities did not show up when she needed them. She missed her assigned time for the flo rider because of this incompetence.

We have never had problems like this on any other cruise.

Cabin was fine and as expected.
Port Canaveral, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Get out of the port village and take a $2 cab ride into the village of Mahahual about 5 minutes away. It is wonderful.

This was my 4th cruise and by far the worst. Other people in our group have been on as many as 12 cruises. I am extremely disappointed in Royal Caribbean.

The food on this cruise wa