Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun but not the best

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

In September we went on a carnival cruise and it was such an amazing experience that we decided to go on a Feb cruise also. We decided to try out Royal after hearing from people. To be honest we found that it did not even compare. There were some things we liked about Royal (less partiers, no salt water pools, bigger pools) but there were far more cons (technical difficulties with elevators being slow, doors not opening or opening extremely slow, room wasn't as nice, screws falling out of the door, food was a step down (weird I know, goes against everything I read, dinner menu was not nearly as great) just led to a ok experience. We had a blast at the ports which redeemed the vacation but the first day at sea was so rocky (winds at 60 mph) and the last day was so cold that we couldn't be outside as much as we wanted (I know this is something that Royal has no control over). But I think if we never cruised before we would have loved it, we just were let down after hearing the hype and comparing it to the carnival valor last year. Hope this helps someone. Remember my thoughts and your thoughts may be different. Cruise satisfaction highly depends on what you enjoy doing. My wife and I do not drink or party, we like to enjoy the sun and relax.

Eh, not the best. Needs some upgrades for sure and is small
Getting on the ship took 2 hours, which is about 1.5 hours more than carnival. Very disappointing since we showed up early.
Would be better if the elevator weren't so slow and the doors opened properly