Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Freedom of the Seas Experience

Sail Date: October 25, 2015

This was not what we expected from the Royal Caribbean cruise line.  First, the High Seas Rally was taking place when we went.  Essentially, these are Harley Davidson motorcycle club members who raise money for charity, which I endorse; however, this was not a good time to sail when they were.  Some of them were heavy partying drinkers.  Many people on the cruise were unaware, as my husband and I were, that this is what was meant by "High Seas Rally."  Most of them were loud and not exactly dressed in what I think of as decent clothing.  We did meet some couples who were the type of people (who we were told by co-workers) who frequented this cruise line.  The food was OK but not great.  Potatoes and rice were served at every meal, even in the dining room!  Our room's bathroom was much smaller than what we experienced on Carnival (on the other cruises we've previously done).  The service in the dining room was exceptional and the servers made our trip much better! The room steward was great but there were no laundry facilities or even anywhere to iron our clothes (we had to pay for it on this cruise) like we had on Carnival. Some of the entertainment was good.  I'm going back to Carnival!