Typical

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 13, 2015
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

These caribbean cruises are all getting to be the same.  The service depends on the people.  I had some really great servers and some that should be thrown overboard.  Except for the upscale cruise lines, the food is no better than Dennys.  I never could see what all the hoopla was about.  Little by little they are taking more and more perks away from the guests.  This was my 38th cruise.  My biggest compalint is these mandatory gratutities.  A gratutity is for someone going above and beyond, and giving super great service.  I do not believe that I should have to pay a tip to the people "behind the scenes" these are the employees of the ship and they should pay them.  I have no problem paying the wait staff, except the Matre D, who I dont think I ever see, and the bartender, I dont drink.  Of course, I pay the room attendant.  I have these tips removed at customer service and pay who I want to. I was on the Freedom when she was new, and she is definately showing wear.  It was an ok cruise but nothing to get excited about. Always nice to get way at sea.

Typical balcony room