Very impressed

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 12, 2015
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

We are 4 * mariners on HAL but found a last minute cruise on Freedom of the Seas and decided to try it.  We were very impressed and will be cruising much more often on RC now.  The food was not as good as HAL and we did miss the unlimited laundry service, but other than that we were pleased.  The (Owner's) suite was outstanding and so was the cabin steward and the concierge.  The concierge lounge may not be as good as HAL's Neptune lounge in the fact that there is much less in there.  I could not get iced water or drinks and every time I got hot water, it was NOT.  The coffee machine worked occasionally.  The food offering were pretty good in the afternoon, BUT, having a complimentary glass(es) of wine every night made up for it and then some.  I brought 2 bottles of wine onboard and never opened them.  Our dining stewards went out of their way to make everything perfect.  Giovanni's was awesome and can't wait to go back, however Chops was terrible and we won't be eating there again. The fish was dry and tough and the filet mignon was way overdone and when I received the new one it was tough and riddled with gristle. I ordered the filet mignon in Giovanni's and it was cooked perfectly.  We thoroughly enjoyed our excursions even though we have been in these ports many times. My favorite excursion was booked through , the Gardens and waterfalls tour in Jamaica.  The cruise line didn't offer this one, but the should!  This was our 23rd cruise.  We definitely plan to cruise with RC again!

it will be hard to have a lesser cabin after this one. it was excellent and more storage space than we could ever use and I pack a LOT

we enjoyed the pizza on the promenade deck and Vintages. We used the coffee shop everyday......nice pastries there as well. The over 16 spa and pool are very nice and was never too crowded.