Royal carribean Freedom of the seas.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 12, 2015
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

We enjoyed our cruise to the western caribbean onboard frredom of the seas from port canneveral from april 12-19.However,I can't say that royal caribbean has anything better to offer as compred to Carnival.(we had done 2 previous cruises on carnival)For one ,we really were disappointed that there was NO food on the pool decks during sea days or any days.We had to go inside to the Windjammer to get food for lunch & the times it was available were limited.On Carnival there were food stations available at all times being freshly prepared all day on the Lido deck.Also I must say that the formal dining experience was much better on Carnival,in that the food was presented in a much more timely fashion at our evening meals &in a  much prettier display.Our experience on RC was not as pleasant in that we had to wait around 45 min to 1 hour between  getting our appetizer & our main course & our waiter was not very accomadating.The whole staff on Carnival seemed happier & more willing to serve their guests.Our ocean view room seemed more spacious on RC,but for the total experience & cost I must say I would tend to choose Carnival for future cruise experiences. I was very disappointed that I was not able to participate in RC's survey simply due to fact that I waited one week to complete it.

didn't have children with us

Would have liked more towel animals.On Carnival we had one every night.On this 7 night cruise we only had a total of 3.

The room (ocean view) was more spacious than I remember on my previous experiences.The shows were great,but the service was not done with a smile.I never saw a crew member smile,they seemed rather miserable & stressed.Our food was good but Carnival has much beter food & staff!

We enjoyed the dolphin encounter experience at Chankanaab Beach.We paid for it at the dock after we got off ship & it included round tri by taxi,encounter with dolphin & manatee,as well as a sea lion show & beach admission.We were very pleased with this excursion & I think we saved some money by purchasing it after we got to Cozumel.