Good, bad and ugly

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 29, 2015
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

The ship was never untidy and crew members were always available, but their knowledge was limited to their own area of job assignment.

The shows were excellent, don't miss any. The quality of the food in the seated dining areas far exceeded that of the buffet available, but the buffet had a much larger selection. The former is not suited for children.

Everything in the ship is geared towards generating sales and the prices for products and services are excessive, despite the quality. A single photograph was $25.

I had a problem with an excursion and left photographs behind. When I asked guest services and shore excursion services to help me track down a telephone number so I could call them, the response was "since you didn't buy the excursion from us we can't help you." The excursion was available thru them, I just booked it myself instead. The attitudes towards me about it was profoundly negative.

The ship does not have do it yourself laundry, like NCL does.

A can of soda was $2.50 and a mixed drink $15. Beer was $8. The full open bar drink package of $55 per day (must purchase on day one) is worth it if you drink a lot. The soda only is $19 per day.

The port of Labadee was terrible, Jamaica was good, Grand Cayman very good and Cozemel great.

seating dining room was excellent. buffet reminded me of Golden Corral

nice movie theatre but kept showing that same movie every day.

wide selection

Didn't bring my kids this time, so I can't comment.

Anfral Dias (waiter), but also took the time to chat and was knowledged about the ship.

The toilets didn't always flush.

don't stay on the lower levels. They get the noise from the work levels below.

lots of free carbs and the pizza tasted like it came from a box and anything but water has a very high price. other than the top deck the two main decks for walking to get thru the ship require you to go thru the casino. No self-laundry. Don't miss any shows. ALL tv had college basketball, no choice

parking my own car was the thing. i didn't have to wait for transport.
ultra pushy craft vendors. food ashore was terrible.
nice, but pricey inside the gate - outside is loud, grimy and pushy vendors. tasty food at local restaurants at very low prices.
very nice, very clean, very friendly. I would visit here again. Have conch salad.
taxis everywhere. lots to see and do. Do the mini sub excursion.