Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Wish it never ended

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

I will say the only negative thing we experienced was not being able to go to Mexico; we understand when a child is sick rules need to be followed- but it's still upsetting that we had to turn around instead of them getting a helicopter.
I will say this was the best cruise we've been on (we've been on 2 others before this one). The shows were great and the food was amazing (let's say my husband and I both gained weight). They had tons of excursions to choose from and the ship itself had a lot to do too!

Cruise Photos

Huge! Nothing old or falling apart or smelly.
I gained 4lbs, my husband gained 6. That should explain it =)
Our housekeeper Maria was great. And one of our servers named Rose was the best
Standing ovation for most
We're not so found of bingo or the casino but they did have tons of options
destinations were beautiful and there was a book full of excursions- though keep in mind some of the excursions are very expensive
It was our first time getting an interior room so we weren't prepared for how dark it is when the lights went off- but it was great for sleeping.
There's more than enough space and the bed was very comfortable.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Beautiful Island- be aware that the market has tons of people trying to sell things. we bought a ton of things; not only to help support Haiti but because they have great things.
Falmouth, Jamaica
We went white water kayaking! And I got an amazing diamond ring
George Town, Grand Cayman
Mainly a shipping port but good views

There's some free snacks and drinks in the cafe promenade. Johnny rockets has all you can eat for $5.99.
Bring some anti nausea medicine just in case