Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Freedom of the Seas is THE cruise vacation! Awesome trip!

Sail Date: August 17, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this cruise and this ship!  The ship is beautiful and immaculately clean.  The staff was friendly, helpful and FUN, FUN, FUN!  Dinners exceeded our high expectations for delicious food on RC cruises.  Our waiters, Franco and Nelson were wonderful and added some fun little touches to dinner such as a couple of magic tricks that made dinner even more enjoyable.  The Royal Promenade area of the ship was AMAZING!  It was so nice to have a nice "sit down" area for pizza, sandwiches and drinks that had the atmosphere of a nice restaurant rather than the "cafeteria line" style pizza set ups we have seen on past cruises.  I LOVED the pool area on this boat....enough room that it wasn't too crowded for all to enjoy.  We have cruised numerous times and spent more time at the pool this trip than all the other trips combined.  The entertainment staff kept things going and loved the big screen videos, movies and shows that played poolside.  The evening shows were out of this world.  Great variety of acts and the added bonus of the ice skating shows were just even more than we had hoped for.  The Quest Adult Scavenger Hunt was awesome as much fun and a "not to be missed" part of the cruise.  The parade down the promenade the last night was over the top wonderful!  As far as the ports go, we loved Labadee, private island experience to date.  Do not go without having the signature drink there called a is delicious and refreshing!  We were not crazy about Falmouth, Jamaica.  The port area at Falmouth, Jamaica was one of the nicest I have seen but once you leave the port area, the area is very much a slum type area and I was not comfortable just walking about as we typically do in port towns.  We went back to the port area and purchased a trolley ride ticket and thoroughly enjoyed the ride and information given by the guide.  If I went back to this area, I would definitely book a cruise ship excursion instead of just venturing out to explore the town.  I wouldn't let a stop at this port stop me from taking a future trip if it were on the itinerary but I would definitely plan differently for how to spend the day.  Cozumel, Mexico and Georgetown, Grand Cayman are always good stops that we enjoy so loved both of those!  I would definitely recommend this ship and this itinerary to anyone wanting a dream was amazing!

Gorgeous ship...I loved just walking about looking at it and taking photos.
Exceeded our expectations....was superb every single night!
Franco and Nelson in the Galileo dining room were the BEST EVER! Annunciacio, stateroom attendant, on level 10 was WONDERFUL!!
Best entertainment I have seen yet! Love the acrobatic act and the ice show as well as the magic act.
Children's Programs Didn't use this program.
The Flowrider was fun to watch and my husband enjoyed riding. LOVED the pool area on this ship.
All in all, loved the destinations....Falmouth, Jamaica wasn't a favorite but Labadee is now on my "cruising favs" list forever. It was awesome!
Cabin was awesome and room steward, Anunciacio (I think that's right) was outstanding!! Loved the cute little towel animals and that the bed seemed to magically make it's self while we were lounging at the pool! :)
Port Canaveral, Florida
Port Canaveral is our favorite port. We usually pick a hotel to stay the night before and take a shuttle to the port to avoid traffic.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
LOVED this stop. Very relaxing and beautiful island.
Falmouth, Jamaica
The port area was superb. Very clean and the nicest shopping area I have seen in a port area but once you left the gates of the port, the area of town (or whole town for all I know) was very slum-like and dirty. We ended up going back to the port and taking a trolley ride to see the city, which we really enjoyed. I would book an excursion on the ship prior to going to this port if I were to go here again.
George Town, Grand Cayman
This is a very nice stop with lots to see and do....great photos from the town area of pirate ships and the cruise ship as well.
One of our fav cruise destinations. Take a cab to the downtown area and be sure to get a margarita and pico with chips from a local restaurant.

I can't think of any tips or tricks about this was great all the way around. Never had to wait in long lines for anything.