family vacation 2014

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 03, 2014
Ship: Freedom of the Seas

This was our 7th cruise and our 6th with RCCL on the beautiful Freedom of the Seas. From the day we boarded to the day we disembarked we were pampered. We had cruised on Carnival and found it not to our liking , Royal has the best food, staff, and staterooms. Ernesto was our fabulous waiter. He was kind, attentive and very professional. Valenti and Ma were the most wonderful beverage people . They helped us above and beyond their duties. The children loved talking to them and they made us all feel like they had known us forever. As for the ports of call on the Western Caribbean , since this was not my first trip to them , they did not impress me . Labadee was hot ,of course it would be in August, very nice but the beach has so much coral in the water if you did not have sand shoes it would cut your feet . The vendors were very pushy, but you have to remember , these are very poor people who rely on tourist for their living. If you want to buy something I would buy there just to help the people. Jamaica was pretty but if you are not into water sports you may find it boring. Grand Cayman has the dolphin swim which my family absolutely loved. I would say this was the highlight of the cruise. Cozumel , well this is where i had two pandora charms stolen from me, 125.00 down the drain! Senor Frog seems to be a very popular place and it is close to the dock. However, it is a seedy place where dangerous things can happen.

The ship is gorgeous, rooms are very nice, shows are top notch, the food is delicious. There is so much to do that if you are not fond of the ports you really do not have to leave the ship. Everyone is so accommodating ,that I feel you will have the time of your life. I will always cruise RCCL. and i believe the Freedom is my favorite ship so far. Bon Voyage to you!Love

everything was perfect

my grandchildren did not attend

enjoyed every show , absolutely wonderful

Ernesto,Valenti,and Ma super people

beautiful

We like the inside cabins because we sleep better in them. Love the darkness.

explore the ship early in your trip to become familiar and to enjoy all the wonderful things this ship has to offer. Breakfast and dinner are great in dining room and on deck 11

We used Sunshine limo service to trans port us from airport to port. They are great.
great beach day but long walk to beach and need sand shoes for water
pretty, enjoyed shopping
dolphin swim was great
very hot, felt uncomfortable ,and unsafe. had a purchase stolen from me.