Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Amazing Ship, Amazing Islands

Sail Date: June 01, 2014

Cabin: GTY

The ship was amazing! We had one of the smallest staterooms and there was still plenty of room, more than all of the other cruise lines I've been on (which is 3). The food was great, my only complaint is that the buffet closes at 9 pm, which I thought was to early. If I wanted a healthy late snack it was hard to find, there are other options like pizza and sandwiches. There are so many fun activities to do, and fun things going on all the time. I love the main pool area, it has a little splash area you can sit in and stay cool in the sun while you watch the big screen. The ports we went to were amazing, unfortunately the swells were too big so we didn't see Coco Cay. St Thomas was beautiful. We snorkeled at Lindquist Beach, which was secluded and beautiful. We snorkeled on the reefs there and saw sea turtles, sting rays, sand dollars and beautiful fish. They do not have snorkel gear there so you have to bring it. The can ride p/p was $10 each way. In st Maarten we went b to Orient Beach, the French side. It was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to. The cab ride was cheap, the more people you have the cheaper the price. We had 4 people and it was $32 roundtrip for both of us. It is a nude beach, which I didn't prefer, but if you stay to the left of the rocks (if you're looking at the ocean) there aren't any nude people. This cruise left me wanting to find a crawl space I could sneak in to stay on another week.

pool was awesome, stateroom as spacious, lots of activities to do.
great food, only complaint was the buffet closed too early.
always something to do, shows were great, music was great
i didn't bring my kids, but it looked like they had a lot for kids to do, even a separate splash pad, pool area for kids.
Plenty of room for 2, it's a fantastic location in a little corridor, very little noise, loved it. Our attendant was great too.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Kennedy Space Center
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
we didn't get to go, swells were to big.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Lindquist beach, bring your own snorkel gear and take a taxi.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach, taxi ride was cheap, the more you have the cheaper it is. This beach was absolutely beautiful! Stay on the left side of the rocks, if you're facing the ocean, to avoid the nude side.

If you want to lay out on the main pool deck, you seriously have to get there at 8 am. The best time to actually swim is about 5 pm when everyone is getting ready for early seating dinner.