Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

big disappointment!

Sail Date: October 20, 2013

Cabin: GTY

I cannot believe how Royal Caribbean has changed,  charging the passengers for everything onboard....including water!

The soda packages were very exoensive, while only having 7 machines onboard to service 4,200 passengers! The bars can't provide the soda selection that is at the machines.  Most of the time the machines were not working and still recording your attempt to get a drink by computer chip, so when you tried another machine, you were told to come back in 15 minutes. How dare Royal Caribbean monitor how fast I drink a soda when it is unlimited soda...one price! Also having to walk almost half the ship just for a soda. You need additional machines on all decks!

I think better control of the children is needed!!! Running around the ship until all hours of the night uncontrolled by adult supervision is not acceptable.

The food selection was not as good as other ships I have been on (Holland America  and Norwegian, to name just a few). This was my 18th cruise, my 4th with Royal Caribbean. Far too much on the menu was repeated every day.

Royal Caribbean needs to review the shore excursions. Some of the vehicles were very run down and in need of repair. In a hot climate, over booking on a bus is not fun when it seats 20 and the driver puts 22 on the bus. Speakers don't work properly either.

No one seems to monitor the chaise lounges around the pool when people leave towels on them ( to reserve them) from 8 in the morning till late afternoon.

I will think twice befor using Royal Caribbean again.

Rude people all over the ship, too many announcements about how great the ship is and staff are. Stop patting yourselves on the back. Fix what's needed!