Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise - Check out no so much

Sail Date: April 14, 2013

We had the best cruise experience with Royal Carribean. The stop at Labadee was just great, I thought it was going to be boring, but it was far from it. I recommend doing the barbecue. The lines looked long, but they move very fast. I enjoyed each port of call. The stop in Jamaica is great until you past the gates and then you are bombarded with vendors not only hawking their wares, but almost rushing you. My only issue was with the Guest services desk. Each night as you try to tally up your services, or get a repair done, the waits are very long. My last day on the ship there was an issue with my credit card, which I had explained to Guest Services the night before and was assured it was taken care of, but as I attempted to exit the ship, a very long alarm went off as if I was a criminal and one of the sailors yelled, "Your credit card won't go thru." I was so embarrassed, that is until another couple experienced the same rude sailor. I called my bank and explained what the situation and was told that there is no problem except that they needed the card to be swiped and not typed in. My suggestion would be that you tell the helpers that they need not say anything except Guest Services needs you. Even though that was my worst experience it is a shame that it happened on the way off the ship.

Roxy F.
I loved my room
Did not travel with children
Just very expensive

Use the stairs after an excursion if you can, or go to the bar and wait. Dinner time and excursion day the elevators are very slow indeed.

1 Comment