Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: September 25, 2011

My overall impression of Freedom of the Seas was excellent. The ship is still fairly new and well maintained. Our inside stateroom was small but adequate for two people.

Pros: Ship, activities, entertainment

Cons: Windjammer buffet

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Small but clean. I would have preferred an ocenview room or balcony (next trip).
I was a little disappointed in the Windjammer buffet. The food was never hot and the selections got a little old after 7 days on board.
Beautiful and very large ship. The decor was nice and public restrooms well kept for the most part considering the number of people on board.
Everyone from the stateroom attendant to the Captain was very pleasant.
We really enjoyed all of the entertainment particularly the ice skating show...incredible talent for a cruise ship. We made reservations for all the shows on day 1 of the cruise and arrived early for best seating choices. We especially loved the FreedomFEST and DreamWorks Move It! Move It! parade on day 7.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Loved the BBQ but it was a very hot day!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I had much the same experience as in St Thomas. Again, I chose the island tour however, on this one, I probably would have enjoyed it more had I been able to understand a word our tour guide said.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I paid for the Island tour excursion which brought to mind the old phrase "you get what you pay for"...we had to walk what seemed a mile to get to the van and then had to wait a while for the driver to pile as many people as possible on to the van. The tour involved climbing up a mountain via the narrowest roads I have ever seen...I think I will skip this one next time. Oh, and did I mention, the locals where definetly after our money! Buyer beware!