Did Not Meet Expectations
Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage
Sail Date: August 26, 2016
Ship: Explorer of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: 9334
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 1 year ago
Besides the dreaded, but expected, lines boarding and disembarking, the overall cruise experience was mildly disappointing:
* Positive - The stateroom was clean and our attendant (Fitzpatrick) was outstanding. He should be commended.
* Positive - Assigned dinner seating / didn't have to wait on table.
* Disappointing - The hordes of people / long waits for elevators / limited seating in Windjammer for the large number of people / seating difficult to find for some shows and events; for most events one had to arrive very early and wait until a previous event ended.
* Disappointing - Service in dining room was adequate but slow; it seemed as though the waiters were understaffed and handling too many tables. On their behalf, they were working very hard trying to please everyone. Breakfast orders of fried eggs in dining room were less than desirable / Food in CHOPS was good, but service very slow. Our meal for our party of six took three hours from the time we sat down.
* Disappointing - Food was adequate but certainly not exceptional. It was difficult to get a decent amount of salt & pepper out of the shakers in dining room. This was a daily nuisance.
* Favorable - The stops at Juneau and Skagway were enjoyable / The casino was fun.
* Unfavorable - Of our party of eight, four caught colds on our vacation.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Opt for assigned eating time. This will eliminate having to wait in lines and you will have the same table every night.