Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Best vacation ever!

Sail Date: December 19, 2010

It was my first cruise, and I ws impressed that this is a real floating city, after 14 days cruising I still needed a map to find certain areas. It was the best vacation experience I ever had. The main point beeing that you don't have to do anything, your same room is with you while you cruise to many ports, no need to pack-unpack.

Pros: variety of meals, night entertainment, facilities, room and room service, ports of call quality and the beauty of the eastern Caribbean

Cons: as we don't drink alcohol I would like to have a better choice of juices, and have soda be part of the package instead to pay another 100 dolars for 14 days of soda

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

This ship is 10 years old, but to be very honest it looks like new! Maybe the newer ships have better technologies that this doesnt have and I would like, for example, internet in the room.
Great variety and quality 24h a day, there are options for all tastes
The room was much bigger then I thought it would be, it has all you need.
Every one is very friendly
Great broadway-quality shows every single night!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful beaches
Don't Miss: Scuba diving
Samana, Dominican Republic
Roseau, Dominica
Beautiful nature
Don't Miss: Go scubadive or snorkel in Champagne beach
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Just used as a port, I wish they had better/cheaper facilities to park your car during the cruise.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Good place for shopping
Bridgetown, Barbados

Don't Miss: don't miss the submarine that goes 150ft under water!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Its a built port/location, very beautiful but very commercial as it's owned by the cruise line. The zipline is beautiful but way too expensive
Don't Miss: Roller coaster