Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good but limited to particular cruisers

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

Room Type: Suite

I found Eurodam to be well suited to particular cruisers, those who are a little more laid back. The entertainment was a little lacking for my tastes, though they had a bit. It just wasn't what I would have liked. It is very elegant and the staff was eager to please and very accommodating. I have impairments that force me to use a walker and I never felt I had an issue with either the staff or fellow passengers. I also never found I had to fight for a spot on an elevator either. There was only once I believe I had that issue and it was upon returning from a port stop but that is to be expected as everyone is rushing back. I'm a patient person and in no hurry. I just let those who are impatient and felt the need to rush and barge ahead go and do so.

Our room steward was so very eager to please and they say they down sized staff recently but I saw him quite a bit as well as his assistant. I stopped and even spoke to him briefly about his family back home in Bali and then let him get back to his work.

We ate in the Tamarind restaurant and then returned not only for lunch the next day but also dinner the final evening because we enjoyed it that much. The only thing I was disappointed in was the Lido deck food in that they served mostly what the main dining room (Rembrandt) did as well (other then adding salads and sandwiches) when I was seeking something a bit different and at different hours. The hours and stations that were open were a bit confusing and I had wished it weren't so. Room service, though it was 24 hours, left me desiring more choices too but I still can't complain. Overall I felt relaxed on Holland line and peaceful compared to when I've cruised on Carnival and felt like everyday all day and evening was one big party.

I also felt like they could have offered more and different excursions as they were limited for my abilities but they weren't for my fiance's.He very much enjoyed several of them -Helicopter tour in Grand Turk (though the Co. messed up), hiking the rainforest in San Juan, interacting with the sea lions in St Thomas (not offered by Holland Lines though). I can't imagine cruising again and only having the same ones available though I would love to go back to the same ports again. Perhaps in the future they will have more and different things available where I will be able to experience the things I would have liked to be able to more fully.

One final note, if you book a Neptune suite it is very worth it and very worth the expertise and services of the concierge in the Neptune lounge (oh and all the little treats offered). They are so pleasant and friendly and know your name immediately whether you're just stopping in or calling on the phone.

I'm a middle aged female with disabilities. Hope this gives someone some comparison thoughts.

It was just "ok" but not great. I didn't care for most of it personally.
Children's Programs Really isn't meant for kids, though I hear they are trying to do better to bring children in.
There were some issues within our cabin that needed to get fixed and did so promptly.
I wished there were some more alternatives and especially more at different hours.
Wished there was more to do
I wished there was more that was available to those with different abilities to enjoy more.
Huge space, so nice but as I stated before, there were some minor fixes that needed to be done in upkeep that promptly were fixed.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Stay away from Best Western on Stirling Rd! Check in was 4pm. At 6pm they said couldn't check in to wait another 30 minutes. Not a great place.
Grand Turk Island
Problem with Helicopter tour operator there. Tour was 9a, "lost" party that was to go at that time, took the people that were late for 830a instead and then never took 9Am party until 1115am, ruining the rest if the days events because loss of time. Beach great. Margaritaville way too crowded.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hike in rainforest was great for fiance but for those with challanges there isn't many options.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Coral world is supposedly ok for those with wheelchairs or walkers but it is NOT! Warning. Never even got to beach as timing would not permit. Beach also gets very busy in afternoon. Unless you have ample time, plan your day wisely to fit things in.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Beautiful beach. BBQ could have been better. Food wasn't so great.

Try to keep a positive attitude and not let small things bother you if you encounter those types of situations as you are bound to run into some people who will make it their goal to "be first" or feel it is there personal ship.