Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

What a cruise!

Sail Date: February 28, 2009

This ship is new, but our impressions were, "It does not look new."

Pros: Weather

Cons: Unclean

Recommends Eurodam? No.

Open seating on this ship. With reservations, the choices of times were the ship's choices ie. 5:15, 7:30, 9:00. Since we are used to dining around 6 or 6:30, the 5:15 was too early and the rest of the times were entirely too late. Thus, we usually had to settle for pot luck. There was nothing unusually distinctive about the food. It was merely eatable. The formal dining room and the casual dining room were very loud. It was very hard to find seating in the casual dining areas. The best dining room was the one you had to pay extra to eat there. I got foreign objects in my food on two occasions in the formal dining room. The service was slow and not always what you asked for.
The size of our stateroom was great. Our bed vibrated all night like it had a bad motor under it. There was dust covering the vanity stool. Hair on the bathroom floor and red mold or slime on the bathmat and caulking around the tub. We dusted the stool, but the slime remained the entire trip. Our toilet was broken 6 out of the 7 days. When I reported it, I was told to use the public facilities. That is a little more than inconvenient in the middle of the night. It overflowed all over the floor. Everyone in that hall that I spoke with was experiencing the same problem with the toilet.
Smoking in staterooms and public areas on a ship should be banned for safety reasons. We had to walk through it more than once.
They were not terribly accomodating, especially the front desk and person answering the phone when there was a problem. They lost 25% of my husband's laundry and were not will to return it or look for it until I said they could remove the charges from my bill unless they located and returned it. At that point, they questioned me like I was making it up ie. "How old is it?, What color?, How much did you pay for it?, How much was it worn?"
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Take the tour. Informative and beautiful.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Unless you are a "beach enthusiast, this is a waste of time. There is nothing there but a long white beach with chairs. The staff BBQ'd on the beach.
Don't Miss: The glass bottom boat ride.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Be sure to take the tour to the top of the mountain. Very informative and beautiful.
Grand Turk Island
How sad was that! Ike had wiped out most of the island. Tell me again, "Why was this on our agenda?" Really pitiful!