Loved the Itinerary, but ...

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Enchantment of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: July 17, 2017

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

There were tons of kids and lots of drunk people on this ship. I chose the itinerary and didn't think about the rest. If you don't want to be around all the drinking, chose a different itinerary.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

The main dining room was fantastic ... good food, great service, attentive wait staff. We had a couple of meals that were really bad ... steak that was so tough you could hardly cut through it. My friend had the same meal/same preparation and her steak was basically raw ... it was only seared on the outside. The buffets were boring ... the breakfasts were all the same and it seemed like each day the bacon got more and more well done. We had problems finding coffee in the buffet area. For lunch, after day one, we started only eating salads. I wasn't impressed with this food at all. They received a "okay" rating from me only because of the wait staff in the main dining room.

Pools ... loved them, especially the adults only pool.

I'm not crazy about comedians but most people liked him. The stage show was good, great entertainment.

I'm rating the service staff as "okay". The main dining room waiters were fantastic! However, we never did meet our room steward and I was surprised, this was the first ship where staff didn't automatically greet guests. I've been on 12 previous cruises and have always been met with a "Good Morning/Afternoon" as you pass staff. This cruise, not a lot of the staff did that. In fact, a couple of the bartenders were downright surly.

I thought the room was great ... small shower, like on most ships. However, would have loved to meet our cabin steward.

Be ready for all the kids. We had a group of girls down the hall from us and every night around 3 AM they would go running up and down the halls and yelling, waking everyone up. The kids were everywhere on this ship.

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida Did not visit port

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Everything was extra, like the umbrellas. I wasn't impressed with the food. They need to have an adults only section to give some of us, sans-kids, to get some peace and quiet.

We went on a tour of the island with a friend of mine that lives there. I love the island, but you can see the effects of last year's hurricane still.

Key West, Florida

Took the trolley around the island. Very fun and a place I want to go back to and visit. It was a very hot and humid day, so we did the trolley and then some shopping and then back onto the ship.

Disembarkation

Disorganized. We were told to go to one lounge and then when we got there, were told to go somewhere else. We received our tags, but not the information about what time we were to get off the ship. Had to call front desk for that information.