food was inedible and the boat was falling apart

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 08, 2016
Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

The food on our cruise was inedible. The vast majority of dishes served at dinner tasted like low end prepackaged meals. The worst items that stand out in my mind were the Salmon, and the lobster bisque. However, by the end of our cruise I was ordering two entrees with the hope that I would be able to stomach at least one. Another great example of the poor food quality was one evening we saw that they had nachos at the cafe. I was excited because I thought to myself, "How can they screw up nachos?" The chips were stale and the lettuce had so much water in it that the result was nacho water soup in the bottom of my bowl.
Food availability was also an issue. The buffet seemed to never be open when we were hungry. Even after our return to the ship from Coco Cay.
Also the boat was in need of serious repair. There was a spot on the deck that was dry rot so big you could put your foot in it. The carpet was not only dirty, but also torn and ragged.

The service staff did their best with what they could. However, many of them seemed tired and unenthusiastic.
I would be resistant to book with Royal Caribbean again, as I have had far superior experiences with other cruise lines.

Dang, I would have taken pictures if I would have thought you wanted to see it.

Edible food is scarce and far between. Also, the hours of the buffet are ridiculous. Not that there was any tasty food there anyway.

Do not try to walk to the Atlantis. Take a taxi. Best $4 you will spend. We walked, we lived, but we sure went through some shady neighborhoods. Our snorkeling trip was fantastic.
They nickel and dime you for everything. $36 to RENT a snorkel, and then we saw them for sale at a vendor for $20. Food only available for 2 hours, also gross and not available many places.