Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

RC Enchantment OTS - February 08, 2016

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

Royal's post-cruise survey asked:

What about your most recent Royal Caribbean vacation most exceeded your expectations?

I replied:

The entertainment! The MDR for dinner! And CHOPS GRILLE!!!!

"Bing Bong" Marc Walker was the best Cruise Director we have had the pleasure to enjoy thus far. I only wish he was at The Quest Game Show - though his sidekick, Mo, did a great job! Very funny fellow.

The Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers and Enchantment Of The Seas Orchestra were fabulous! Particularly Vanessa. Such a talent! The star of the show! "Can't Stop The Rock" and "Stage To Screen" were hugely entertaining shows. Probably the best non-Broadway shows I have seen on Royal. (Cannot wait to see "We Will Rock You" and "Grease"!)

Rodney Johnson was a riot! One of the best comedians we have seen on board. But, Dan Bennett was even better! I was blown away! I could watch him again and again!

The Schooner Bar's entertainers were so much fun! Tony B and the other guy were great! As was the pianist, Anna.

A special highlight was DJ Amir. My wife had a blast dancing the night away in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Last, but maybe the best, was Rockport! I think we spent the most amount of time enjoying R Bar (Susan Hurtado was very hospitable - an excellent bartender/cocktail server) and listening to Rockport! The true gem of our cruise vacation!

Moving on to dining.... This was the least impressive Windjammer ever! Dinner raised the bar a lot, compared to breakfast and lunch, but overall the Windjammer left a lot to be desired. Conversely, the MDR was superb! We were very disappointed with the MDR on Freedom. By contrast, the Enchantment's MDR was very enjoyable. Our servers were Valfino and Yan. Excellent jobs all around! Even the Head Waiter was enjoyable. And the food was hands down better than Freedom's. We even enjoyed the breakfast in the MDR. We almost always dine in the Windjammer for breakfast, but after two days, I had to find an alternative.

This was the first time we have tried Chops Grille. We had several opportunities before, but we figured it was just another steakhouse. Boy, were we wrong! Chops Grille provided one of the best dining experiences we have ever had on a Royal Caribbean ship! And Ronaldo was second-to-none! The food was fantastic!

Finally, I would like to make a special mention of Park Cafe. Everything we ate there was delicious!"

Next, Royal asked:

Please take this opportunity to provide your final comments or recognize any outstanding crew members during your Enchantment Of The Seas, February 8, 2016 sailing.

I replied:

Just a quick negative note. There was a distinct smell of bathroom waste in different areas of the ship from time to time. It wasn't pervasive, but every so often it would hit you hard. A very unpleasant experience, to say the least!

I believe I have already listed every person by name that stood out as making my cruise memorable. However, these folks are also noteworthy: Dennis, our stateroom attendent; and Egmund, an R Bar bartender.