Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Outdated, But Great Service

Sail Date: June 15, 2015

The ship is somewhat old and somewhat small, like most shorter cruises. The staterooms were outdated and worn. The carpet looked dingy from wear and the tiles and shower in the bathroom did as well. The service was excellent! Our stateroom attendant, Elvin was very helpful and friendly. Our dinning room servers, Carla & Sachin were also excellent. They remembered our drink preferences and were very friendly and helpful! The food was excellent, but the portions were somewhat small. The hours for the Windjammer and the Cafe were annoying. I also did not like that if the cafe was closed, you could not get drinks even though it was a self-serve station. This is not a problem on Cranival's cruise ships. Also, the buffett-style dining area is not like a food court like you see on Carnival's ships. This means that the whole thing is closed at times, whereas on Carnival you may see a station or two closed at a time, not the whole dining area, which I liked better. The entertainment on the ship was excellent! The singers & dancers put on very good shows! The other acts--comedian & juggler--were also very good. The band & orchestra were also very good. There were a lot of excellent art pieces to look at throughout the ship. The adult area was well patrolled to keep kids out, which was nice. The adult area also has a pool and is larger than on similar sized Carnival ships. The amenities on board were somewhat lacking. It would have been nice to have putt-putt golf, billiards, or bowling on board. The poolside movies were nice, but variety would have been better. They repeated some movies during the cruise. Coco Cay is amazing! It is well developed with amenities right on the island. Overall, the cruise was nice for the money, but it may be worth it to spend a little more on a newer, nicer ship with more amenities. At Nassau we did the Forts & Pirates tour. I would not recommend it. There is not much to see at the forts as they are not very big. The pirate museum contained mostly replicas and very little actual artifacts. It was a major disappointment. If I go back I would go to Atlantis. The Nassau area is a little sketchy, but the beach is within walking distance if you do not want to spend the cash to go to Atlantis. At CoCo Cay, we did the kayaking excursion which was excellent. We also did the Treasure Hunt Snorkeling. I didn't order the kayaking & snorkeling combo because it was still listed as 1.5 hrs and I wanted to be able to snorkel at leisure. I thought maybe that was a tour group. Don't waste money doing that, the combo packs give you access to the snorkel gear the whole day, so it's worth buying it in a combo to save money. CoCo Cay was amazing! They brought food from the ship, so you did not have to go back. It was also nice to beach while feeling secure because there were only people from the ship on the island.

The staterooms were very outdated, but the rest of the ship was very nice and clean.
The food was excellent, but the portions for dinner were somewhat small and the times of the Windjammer and the Cafe were annoying.
Our stateroom attendant, Elvin was awesome! Very helpful. He went above and beyond the call of duty for us. Our servers, Sachin and Carla were awesome. They were very friendly and remembered our drink preferences each night.
The band, orchestra, dancers, singers, and guest performers were awesome!!
Children's Programs Did not experience
There were a couple onboard parties and scheduled activities with the cruise director that we did not participate in, but seemed nice. I do think that it would be nice to have more amenities onboard such as billiards, bowling, putt-putt golf, etc. . The poolside movies were nice, but a greater variety would have been nice as they repeated some of the movies during the trip. The adult area was very nice and well patrolled.
Nassau was not as nice as what I had expected. It was "sketchy" and a little run down in places. The beach right by the pier is maintained by the police and was very clean and nice. The Forts & Pirates tour was not what we had expected. It was a let down and not worth the time or money. If I go back I will plan an excursion to Atlantis. Coco Cay was amazing! The snorkeling was awesome we got to see many tropical fish and stingrays! We also kayaked, which was pretty cool too. We did get to see a stingray while kayaking as well. It would have been a better experience if they kayaks had clear bottoms.
It was very dated and run down. It seemed dingy, but I don't believe it was due to lack of cleaning by our stateroom attendant. I believe it is just from years of wear. Our Carnival stateroom was much larger and cleaner. The bathroom is very small especially the shower. The shower in our Carnival stateroom was much larger because it is not in a corner.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We did not do anything in Port Canaveral, but we did got to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and it was AMAZING!!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The snorkeling is awesome!! Many colorful tropical fish and stingrays!!
Nassau is a little "sketchy". Atlantis is the best excursion because it is a resort.

Go to Atlantis, that's the best excursion. Don't be disappointed like we were by trying to save a few bucks. Take advatage of as many activities onboard, even if some are out of your comfort zone. Do a combo pack for snorkeling if interested in mutliple excursions. You still get it all day.