Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First Cruise Taken

Sail Date: January 26, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Overall, I had a great time on the cruise.  I wasn't, however, impressed with the quality of the food in the main dining room.  The shrimp that was served for shrimp cocktail were very small and rubbery tasting.  The shrimp for the tiger shrimp meal were also small, and they hadn't been de-veined.  I had heard how great the food on cruises were, and was highly disappointed with this.  The service at the bars was also sub par.  The bar tenders - not including the one in the casino and the Viking Crown Club - were rude and unprofessional.  The service in the casino, the Viking Crown Club, and the service with our room was great.  They were very friendly, professional, and very helpful - what I had expected with going on the cruise.  Even with the food not being that good, the service received in the main dining room was also great.  When I said something to the waiter about the tiger shrimp not being de-veined, the waiter apologized profusely for this and offered me another meal to compensate.  He also spoke to the dining room supervisor about this, who also came and apologized as well.  The best service and meal were received in Chops.  The food and service were absolutely amazing, which made our second anniversary one to remember.

Could have been a little more activities, but overall was great
Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) We weren't able to see Cococay due to bad ocean conditions.
I suggest if you want to see the island and learn the history, either grab a map and walk around, or get a taxi cab that isn't geared towards the site seeing excursions.

I would recommend getting a balcony suite if possible. The views from the suites in the morning are beautiful. Being able to sit out on the balcony and enjoy a cup of coffee and see the ocean pass by was something I will never forget.