Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

So Disappointed

Sail Date: December 08, 2014

I am a Gold member of the Crown and Anchor Society and with this cruise I met Platinum status.........(over 30 nights cruising) and this will be my last cruise on a Royal Caribbean cruise.  Since 1978 I have been on cruises 18 times and enjoyed all of them.  This was an exception to the rule......

First, the smoking in the Casino was unacceptable.  People were coming into that are just to smoke, not to gamble.......I had to leave so many times as the smoke was overwhelming.

Second...I chose this cruise to go to the private island of Coco Cay.  This destination was cancelled and nothing else was added to make this vacation wonderful.

Third...The lines.........I cannot remember ever standing in line on a cruiseline before.  I stood in  line to get into my 5:45 dining experience..  I stood in line to get breakfast in the dining room.......I stood in line to get food in the Windjammer........these lines were not short.......I stood in line to get into breakfast for 20 minutes........to me, this was unacceptable.

Fourth.........the food........I am appalled at the quality of the food on this cruise.  I felt like I was eating in an institutional cafeteria.  Baked potato and I was only offered sour cream........where was the butter, chives, bacon bits?  Oh and if you wanted a higher quality of food, you paid extra.........What was with that?  My prime rib was less than satisfactory and the steak was a joke.  The portions were extremely small.  One afternoon at the Windjammer, all that was offered for meat was the discusting hamburgers, meatballs and sweet and sour meatballs.....

Fifth....One night we were in the mood for a sweet around 10:30.........we walked the ship and found the Cafe.  The only food offered (besides room service) after 9 in the evening...........there was about 40 people in line for pizza (one coming out at a time) and the sandwiches were pre-wrapped.......we decided to go back to our room and have some candy we brought onboard.

Sixth....Our room was lovely but the first night, no towel animal and every night.......no mint on our pillow...........really, this was anything but a luxury vacation.

Seventh.........staff.........the wait staff was lovely, but I feel there was a lack of staff to accommodate the amount of people on the boat.  On our last morning, I was not offered a roll, or sweet with my meal and I am still waiting for my glass of tomato juice.

Eight.....When I opened the menu and saw that I could get Lobster but it would cost me an additional $29.95........I thought........are they going the way of the airlines?  Charge me up front, but treat your passengers like you want them to return.  We were 8 at our table and all of us found ourselves complaining about the food and service.

I am not a negative person.....during the past year I have taken 2 cruises on Carnival.  I had always heard that Carnival was an inferior cruise line and I encouraged my friends to join me on a Royal Caribbean to see how the other half lives........I am so embarrassed as this was not a good experience for any of us.  We are getting ready  to book a 7 day and no way will we consider a Royal Caribbean. This may have been an older ship but I expected Royal treatment.

An older ship but very well maintained...I didn't like the layout of the Windjammer
Worse experience of my life in the dining category. If this was a local restaurant, I would never have gone back twice......as it was, I was held captive.
I don't believe there was enough staff to accommodate the large number of travelers
The entertainers were wonderful...........
not docking on Cocoa Cay was very disappointing and no alternative,,,,,unacceptable.
Our cabin was roomy but wish the TV had additional channels with movies.
Our steward, Israel Bustillo, was excellent.......old time service. He was in the hall constantly.........ready to satisfy our every wish.......Bravo Israel, you were a bright star in a dark sky.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Lines were a little long.........I think Gold and above should have a designated area , .......we filtered into the same line as everyone else and held them up......I felt bad, wish we had our own area
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
we were all looking forward to a relaxing day at the beach and by the time we got to the pool, it was very, very crowded.........people still save chairs
Been to Nassau many times............it is the same old, same old

The food was so mediocre, I would suggest bringing on some of your own snacks or money to eat a better grade of food, but you will pay for it in the dining room or the specialty restaurant.
Formal does not mean formal..........on formal night, folks came into the dining room in shorts and t-shirts

1 Comment