Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Week

Sail Date: May 26, 2008

I have just returned from the most amazing week of my life. I am a first time cruiser and am already looking for my next trip. I had the privilege of sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas with the Royal Carribean Cruise Lines. We had the best cruise director I can imagine. Thanks Marc for making every show, every game, and every activity as fun and funny as possible. You were made for that job. We (my mom and I) ate dinner in the dining room every night and Ajay made it an experience instead of just a meal. He anticipated our every need and did so with a wonderful sense of humor. (Oh yeah, the food was excellent also.) We ate breakfast a couple of mornings at the Windjammer Cafe and the buffet was better than any buffet restaurant I have ever eaten at. There wasn't a thing I could think of for breakfast that wasn't presented. There were no lines and there were always tables available. My favorite were the high tables that looked out over the water. That was my favorite place to be as we were pulling into the ports. The nightly shows were something I would have paid for on land. We had the pleasure of Beatle Mania on our cruise and we attended both shows that night. For the other shows, we couldn't get enough of the singing and choreography. It was very apparent that the dancers spent alot of time rehearsing. We went on excursions in the Florida Keys - snorkeling and kayaking which were awesome and went to the Dolphin's Playground, but only saw a couple of 'maybe' sightings. That was the only disappointing moment of the whole trip and that is uncontrollable by anyone. We rented a mini dunebuggy on Cozumel and enjoyed the sights, the beautiful beaches, the many bars and water bluer than any blue I've ever seen. No picture can do it justice. In Belize, we went on an excursion to the Mayan Ruins and fulfilled a long time dream of mine. I climbed the temple and was taken back in time by the great tour director. He was very knowledgable and made the experience come to life. Back on the ship, we hit every bar and dance floor. The midnight buffet by the pool with dancing and music was alot of fun. Our room was better than expected and there was plenty of room for luggage storage and lots of drawers to hold all of our stuff. I can't wait to sail again !!!

Pros: Service in every part of the ship was exceptional. Always greeted with a smile. and a 'what can we do for you' attitude.

Cons: Can't think of a thing.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

The best was visiting all the small outdoor bars along the vast amount of beaches. The water was bluer than anything I've ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice.
Don't Miss: White sandy beaches.
Key West, Florida
The snorkeling was not as good as other ports, but was enjoyable. The kayaking was fun. The Dolphin Playground was disappointing. After cruising around for an hour, we only saw a quick glimpse of the back of one dolphin. Nothing anyone can do. It's just nature.
Belize City, Belize
Climbing the Mayan Temple fullfilled a dream.
Don't Miss: Mayan Ruins. Even though it was a long ride, I'd do it again.