Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not what I expected

Sail Date: January 04, 2016

We had heard that Princess was an elite cruise line with great service.  We went on a Norwegian cruise just a few weeks earlier and had a great time.

We had a problem with the AC in our state room.  The heat added to my wife's poor health made it miserable for her.  On the First day we talked to our cabin boy.  Nothing Happened.  The second day I talked again with our cabin boy.  Nothing seemed to happen so I went to the service desk and talked to them.  We then had a sticker on the wall that said the problem had been resolved but nothing changed.  On the third day I again went to the service desk. we again had a sticker on the wall but the ac still could not keep the cabin cool.  I returned to the desk and a manager came to our room.  He acknowledged that it was too warm and said he would have it repaired.  Again no change. I then removed the vent cover and built a chute from paper directing the air flow directly toward where my wife slept.  That was the first time she was able to sleep well but the cabin was only cool at that spot.  Finally, on the 5th day we again went to the service desk (At 10 pm )and was told that a manager would meet us in our room.  We went to our room and waited an hour and a half and nobody came.  I then called the front desk and demanded that someone come to help us.  A manager came to our room saw the chute I had built and said she would see if they could find us another room.  Within  a few minutes she called back and asked if I could meet her at another room to see if it was cool enough.  It was and they sent someone to help us move to the new room.  The new room was fine and the remainder of the cruise was quite comfortable.

They then sent me a plate with 5 chocolates and a short note apologizing.

I cannot think of a time, on or off a cruise that I have been ignored that much.  I have been on 5 cruises but that was the 1st time on Princess.  We will most likely go on some more but they cost too much for me to ever risk an experience like that again so Princess will not be on the list of cruise lines I will consider

AC problem that took 5 days to finally move us to a new room