"My first of many cruises"

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Mediterranean Medley (Monte Carlo To Venice)
Sail Date: June 06, 2006
Ship: Crystal Symphony
The ship is fantastic. The food is great, the spa is very well done, the shops cover the bases, the casino is a good distraction on sea days, the pools and decks are nice.
I think Athens is a must see, but I don't plan on going back. I would have preferred we just spend one day there & have another at one of the other ports, probably Sorrento or Taormina, or to go to another Greek Island. You can do it in one day. It is the one place that is a little "scary" in that no signs are in any language other than Greek, and most shop keepers/restaurant employees only speak Greek, so knowing a Western European language won't help you out here. Piraeus is far away, and so one doesn't feel comfortable just taking off and exploring. Piraeus is very run down. I'd just put everyone on a bus straight to the Acropolis, give them a good lunch on the Plaka, & then take them to Sounion and then leave.
Don't Miss: Acropolis
Don't Miss: Acropolis
Wow. Can't wait to go back. Shopping is incredible. Lots of good restaurants. View is breathtaking.
Incredibly charming and different. Unbelievable lunch. One of our favorites. Makes me want to explore this region.
In my opinion, there isn't much to Monaco but the casino, but it is a great place to board. I will take a day trip to Nice or Cannes or San Remo next time.
Venice is unique in the world, & it in itself is a must see, but is very expensive. I would avoid the restaurants on the walk by the Rialto bridge,and instead go a block or two off. Great food at reasonable prices there. However, if you can go in at night, go. It is so different and so much more interesting and romantic. Finally, the Venice Airport is a nightmare if you are disembarking and going to the airport along with a 2500 person cruise ship, as we did. I would not disembark from a cruise in Venice again, as it is a very difficult place to deal with all the luggage you take on a cruise.
Don't Miss: St. Mark's. Go to the Piazza AT NIGHT.
What a wonderful area! I could spend a week just going from town to town.
Don't Miss: Pompei
Shopping is very good here. Had a fabulous lunch in a tucked away restaurant. Views are great. Wouldn't mind extra time here either, going over to Catania or the big cathedral in Palermo.
What a wonderful area! I could spend a week just going from town to town.
Don't Miss: Pompei
Don't Miss: St. Mark's. Go to the Piazza AT NIGHT.

Pros: Nice staff, nice people on board, effortless, well paced

Cons: Leaving!