Crystal Serenity Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

Great Cruise for the Older Generation

Sail Date: September 06, 2015

This was my first cruise and have heard from many that compared to other cruise lines this one is really excellent. The food and service were great. Detailed menus with lots to choose from and good quality. The sushi restaurant was our favorite. We were more than satisfied with the drink selection, and very impressed with the included wine and spirits. Staterooms and balconies are very clean and comfortable.

If I were over the age of 50 I would probably give the cruise a 4-5 star rating. However, being in my 30's I'm not sure if this cruise was the best choice for my husband and I. The ship really caterers to the older generation, which makes sense since it's the vast majority of their client base. Most of the activities and shows were geared toward them, and the ship's decor is quite dated. The pool area looks like it needs an update as well.

I would highly recommend the cruise for those who want to be pampered, eat great food, and enjoy a quiet relaxed atmosphere, and do not want or need something geared toward younger generations.

We loved our balcony, one of our favorite things to do on the cruise was have breakfast out there. Cabin was clean and comfortable, lots of space for all of our things. Decor was a little dated though.