The ports of call were excellent

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Crown Princess

12 Night British Isles With Liverpool (Southampton Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 25, 2019

Ship: Crown Princess

Cabin type: Inside

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The ports were wonderful, the ship was nice, the food was good, things were clean, but there wasn't enough to do in the evenings. I missed some of the entertainment because we did early supper and I was disappointed to have missed the local talent.

Embarkation

No problems what so ever

Ship experiences

The speciality stake house was the best I ever had. The other food was good.

The weather was not good for pool and I didn't do any of the other fitness things as I was very active while in ports.

The shows were good, but near enough of them. There wasn't much to do after 10pm compared to other ships I have been on.

The staff was great.

Things were very clean.

The cabin was very well laid out and there was lots of closet space. Could have used a few more hangers.

Ports of call

Southampton (London), England

We went to London for 3 days prior to the cruise and really enjoyed all that we did.

St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands

It was very nice, too bad the weather was not good, but we did walk around the town and there was a market to enjoy.

Cobh (Cork), Ireland

I was under the impression that the train took us to the center of Cork, but it was a 10 min. walk to the main area and wasn't well marked. But I did enjoy the area. We didn't do an excursion in this port.

Dublin, Ireland

We did do a tour to the country side and it was beautiful.

Belfast, Northern Ireland

We did the Giant's Causeway and Titanic Museum. We also saw Dunuce Castle, saw the Carrick-a-rede and some of the Game of Thrones sites. In spite of the rain, we loved the tour.

Liverpool, England

We didn't do a tour here, but did enjoy the port very much. We walked to the Beatle Museum which was excellent. We also walked around town and did another museum

Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland

We took a tour to Blackness Castle and Midhope Castle on a Outlander Tour. The scenery was excellent.

Invergordon (Inverness & Loch Ness), Scotland

We did the Dornoch & Scottish Highlands Drive. Again the scenery was excellent. I want to go back in July, so that I can see the heather in bloom, it would be wonderful.

South Queensferry (Edinburgh), Scotland

We took a bus into town and then did the Hop on/Hop off up to the Edinburgh Castle and walked the Royal mile and toured around on the bus. It was a wonderful day.

Le Havre (Paris), France

We took the ship tour to Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen. I wish we had done another tour. The Cathedrale was lovely, but there wasn't much more to see.

Disembarkation