First Princess Cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Crown Princess

10 Night Southern Caribbean Medley (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 27, 2018

Ship: Crown Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: L243

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was our first time on Princess, we have a cruise booked for Febuary 2020. I wished I did this cruise first before I booked the second one. All I did was put the down payment. Not happy with Princess at all.

Embarkation

Princess sent an email with set times for staterooms to be at the port for embarkation. Our stateroom was L243 so we had a 12:30 time to be at the port.

Ship experiences

Sabatini's

Save your money the food is just as good as the dinning room in some cases better.

Horizon Court

Food was over cooked. If you can stay way for Horizon.

A new dance group was coming on, they need a lot of work. The singers were off key a little. Maybe in time they will get better.

The number one reason I will not cruise with Princess is because of the poor services from the waiters. We always do Anytime dining never had any trouble with the waiters. They were very slow and made it seem they did not want to be there. Up on the pool deck I had waiters walk by me 3 times and never ask if they could get anything. It seems that after 10:00am the waiters were no were to be found. I wish I could have taken my gratuity for the waiters and give it to my room steward, she was a sweetheart.

We were on deck 15 right under the Lutus spa could not hear anything. It was also the pool deck again could not hear anything in the room on the balcony I could hear the muice but it was not to bad. I would book this location again. It was small and a little uncomfortable, the only place to set was on the one chair or bed. I know you don't spen much time in your cabin but when I do I like to be comfortable

Ship tip

The chololate ice cream is the best I ever had. The pizza was the wost I ever had. It was unber cooked and tasteless. Pass on the pizza.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Oranjestad, Aruba

We booked all our tours with the ship. Here we did AUA 115 - Aruba's top 4 highlights. Very lad back for us but nice. Have cash to the restrooms ($1.00 US). Only about 10 miuntes at each stop. Would not do this again becuse it is very ladback.

Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality

We dove here it was nice. We had most of our our dive gear. A very nice trip. The night before this dive we got some paper to fill out. We are over 45 so PADI required a mmedical questionnaire to be filled out. This is what will make you eligible to dive in Bonaire weiht over 265lbs; under 15 and over 70 years old (and they do stick) ; last dive within 24 months; divers on any kind of prescripton medication other then birth control. HAVE YOUR PADI MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE. We did have ours and was very happy we did, without it we would not have been able to dive.

St. George's, Grenada

The tour I booked for us was GND-270 Grand Etang, Coca experience and Rum tastion. We did not stop at La Sagesse to shop. Save your money on this one.

Roseau, Dominica

DOM930 Certified scuba diving. This was a fun trip. The dive boat came rigth to the ship. The one thing that all the divers did not like is we were not split into 2 groups other then that it was fun. I would do this again. Did not need our PADI medical questionnaire for this dive but just in case I made copies to have for each dive.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

STT130 St Thomas Island drive. All busess open air (no A/C) you will be very hot. Not a long tour and must be able to get in and out to the bus. I wish we did not spen our money on this tour.

Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)

Don't book a cruise going to Princess Calys. Should have stayed on the ship. A big waste of time.

Disembarkation