Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruising - Now a mediocre experience

Sail Date: April 12, 2008

Room Type: Suite

I'm not a fan of "personal" dining which in my opinion turns out to be the opposite. I've seen a dramatic dropoff in service quality in every facet of the cruise since the tipping has become automatic. Many things that were once standard are now "extra cost" options. All in all the cruise experience has moved from being a "special" experience to a "commodity" experience. Cruise ship commodities are following the airlines example - charge more, give less.

Pros: Ship was well maintained

Cons: Service and Food were very mediocre, compared to pervious cruises

Recommends Crown Princess? No.

Oranjestad, Aruba
I've been to Aruba for a weeks vacation in the past so there was no real need to do anything else on the island because there is so little to do.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Did not really have enough time while in port to do get around the island.
Bonaire, Netherlands Special Municipality
We were able to get to the beach very easily and enjoy it.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Only went shopping and it was OK. We've been to St. Thomas at least 6 times and nothing every gets any better. Just the traffic gets worse.
St. George's, Grenada
Not enough time to do any self-guided tour of the island and I do not like to group grope type of tours