Needs new computer systems and better communication to English speakers!

Costa Pacifica Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

12 Night The Northern Capitals (Kiel Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 05, 2016
Ship: Costa Pacifica

The itinerary was  the reason I chose this one.  I would never go on Costa again.  Too many people, too much being herded like cattle, they don't seem to care about English speaking people (the daily news was often missing information, like explaining that there is a Gala celebration and what that means, and the announcements were not always repeated in English).  The staff was nice, but I think they have to follow bad procedures. For example, the disembarkation meeting was primarily a sales pitch for future cruises and to rate the staff highly, and then she didn't have time for questions. The computer systems do not interface with the My costa system.....not worth the money spent.

The food was mediocre, at best. Instead of serving food from the various regions visited, they served "Italian" food every day. You had to eat at an appointed time with strangers at the table if you wanted a dining room experience. Some dishes were good...hit or miss. They had TERRIBLE eggs, don't know how to make an omlette (one item added to an egg does not make an omlette); no toast. I could not believe we had to pay for bottled water and coffee (except at breakfast). Often, there was no ice.

good, though we did not participate a lot, being tired after excursions.

unknown.

I have to say "Good" to the staff, because most were very good, like my room steward and my dining room waiters. However, service was really poor at the excursion desk. And, if you ask a question, you are sent someplace else and not helped. I asked a food service person for butter and he said yes, walked away, and never came back.

Nice ship, although gaudy and hard to find way around.

cabin was nice, but there is no TV in English (except Fox news) and the menu button doesn't work.

Expect to spend A LOT of time standing in huge lines. Do not rely on the information given to you on the internet or on your personal "my costa" account on line since the computer systems do not seem to interface. Don't take cruises with 3800 people!

5 hour check in process....unacceptable.
Nice city, but they cancelled my excursion and I didn't find out until the night before, even though it was booked and confirmed months earlier.
Awesome sites, but one guide for 40 people is impossible. Hermitage is extremely crowded. The representation that you won't wait in line if you book on line excursions is not true.
Loved the folk dancing with children.