Meditteranean cruise

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Mediterranean (Trieste Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 25, 2015
Ship: Costa Mediterranea

Overall, the cruise was nice.  I particularly liked the ports we visited, and the staff were very friendly.  One complaint I had though, was that it took so long to eat our meals.  I don't typically spend 5-6 hours every day eating, so this was very frustrating to me.  If they would have had eggs and other sources of protein on the breakfast buffet in the morning, I would have gone there, but they did not.  The lunch buffet was pretty decent though.

I was not impressed with most of the entertainment either.  Most of it bordered on trashy.  The schedule was quite hectic to try and see all of the sights, and I think it could have been more relaxing if they would have included another day at sea.  My favorite port was Montenegro!  Absolutely beautiful!  I got some great pics from everywhere we went!

Also, it is well worth it to upgrade to a balcony!  My only complaint there was that the ship was very noisy!  We were on the 8th floor, and the foosball table, and pool was on the 9th floor, and it was very noisy every night!  Pick a room at least 2 floors below the pool, and away from the music.

The wifi was costly, as well as water.