Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Purser

Coral Princess People

Sail Date: August 05, 2015

I got off the Coral Princess all of 20 hours ago (as I'm writing this) and am very unsure about how I feel about my experience. This was my first cruise. I knew that they are normally filled with 60 something's looking to travel the world without actually doing anything to plan or coordinate their trip. This was true. I'm 22 years old, traveling with another 25 year old and our mother (54). Not only was it hard to find anyone that was willing to drink passed 10 PM, but anyone I did find was a result of dumb luck or dumb people. The food was mediocre at best, but it's a cruise, so can you actually expect something more? The thing about this cruise that made it completely worth it was the staff. Although I failed to meet an American employee, the people who run that ship are world-class people with even better personalities. I befriended about 20 of them, first name-basis and all, and they completely changed my experience. Broken English and all, the employees of the Coral Princess are AWESOME. From a beautiful Peruvian waitress at the bar, to an Indian immigrant bartender, these people completely made my trip. If you care about people or experience, and not just sitting on a 600 foot boat for a week, take a gander at this ship. Food sucked, drinks were great: what's not to love? Hope this helps! Peace!

Not big, but had a balcony. Being trapped inside the ship would have sucked, but the price gap is way too high to justify the balcony. Thanks mom for paying!

Crooners. You'll understand what I mean when you go on the trip.