Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Great going Northbound/food bland

Sail Date: July 08, 2015

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on this cruise.  It was really great!  I would recommend anyone going on this cruise to go Northbound  instead of Southbound.  The more North we went the more beautiful the scenery.  I would have been disappointed to start out so pretty ending up not as beautiful.  We have not been on a cruise in 10 years and feel like Princess nickeled and dimed us a lot.  Maybe that is the norm on cruises now a days.  Upgrade for dining in separate settings, upgrade for soft drinks, upgrade for coffee, upgrade for alcohol.  The only thing I was disappointed in was the food.  It was very bland unless we dined at the the specialty dining rooms for an up-charge. We spoke to several other guests and they felt the same way.   Other than that the boat was beautiful, room was great and so was our balcony.  The shows were good and staff was very friendly.  Great thing about bland food, I didn't gain a pound while we were away.  Happy

Great room with a wonderful balcony!

At the end of the each deck (stern) their is a private balcony that has lounge chairs. We found it the on our last day. Also they have a coin operated laundromat on each floor. Wish I would have known that before our cruise I would have packed less.